There are so many excuses people make for why they don’t like to network or they just don’t do it at all: “I don’t like the idea of schmoozing at events” or “I feel a bit uncomfortable talking to strangers”.
Whether we like it or not, we network in our everyday life, so managing the impression we leave is important. Here are 5 goals you can set before you attend an event to make it a successful one.
- Determine how many contacts you would like to make
- Think about potential business leads
- Introductions – learn how to properly introduce yourself and others
- List particular people you want to meet
- Set your goal for follow-up after the event
Now get out there and make connect!