Lane Report – September 2019
BARDSTOWN, Ky. — The Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame on Thursday will induct six individuals into its hallowed ranks and bestow its Parker Beam Lifetime Achievement Award on an icon who resurrected one of the state’s most historic distilleries and returned the family-owned brand to global prominence.
“This is a special year as six venerable professionals whose dedication, ingenuity and enthusiasm have contributed to Kentucky’s Bourbon boom will be so publicly recognized,” said Eric Gregory, president of the Kentucky Distillers’ Association.
This year’s inductees are, in alphabetical order:
- Katrina Egbert, Visitor Center Marketing coordinator, Wild Turkey Distillery
- Wesley Henderson, co-founder/chief innovation officer, Louisville Distilling Co.
- Larry Kass, director of Trade Relations (Ret.),Heaven Hill Distillery
- Charles W. Medley, master distiller, Medley Distilling Co./Charles Medley Distillery
- Peggy Noe Stevens, founder and president, Peggy Noe Stevens & Associates
- Even G. Kulsveen, executive director, Willett Distillery (Lifetime Achievement Award)
Created by the KDA in conjunction with the Kentucky Bourbon Festival in 2001, the Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame recognizes individuals and organizations that have made a significant and transformational impact on Bourbon’s stature, growth and awareness.
It is the highest honor given by the signature industry and is presented annually during the Kentucky Bourbon Festival, which runs through Sunday in Bardstown.
Tagged as: News